Thursday, August 22, 2019

Course Goals

For this class, I hope to accomplish a few goals regarding digital tools. As it is, I am fairly fluent and competent while using and advocating digital tools. I tend to pick up on technology quickly, and can help others use it, but I'd still like to learn more.

1. I want to be able to help others understand security of digital tools, and how to share their personal data effectively and with only trusted sources.
This goal is aligned to ISTE Standard for Educators 'Citizen' because I will be promoting safe and effective management of personal data. This requires me to understand deeper the basic security of many tools, and requires me to understand what pieces of information may be sensitive and could jeopardize ones privacy.

2. I want to find one new tool to help organize, motivate, and increase productivity for myself to better my personal and professional experience.
This goal is aligned to ISTE Standard for Educators 'Designer' because I will be able to create something for myself and help me learn and grow. I will also be able to share this with others to further their own experience.

3. I want to find or create a new way for me to log my accomplishments, or assess my abilities.
This goal is aligned to ISTE Standard for Educators 'Analyst' because I can look for patterns with a habitual log. I can input my success and see my growth, and help others find ways to analyze their own growth, challenges, and accomplishments.


I will engage my students in setting their own goals giving personal experience of my own progress. By sharing an accomplishment, and gently encouraging students to go for their own goals, I can persuade them to set realistic goals and help them with steps to accomplish the goal. I want to help them understand that failure is not an ending, and that it is just one more step in completing a task.

Everyone deserves fair access to understanding digital tools, and using the tools in the most efficient way possible. I am a believer of the growth mindset, and will advocate for everyone to always learn and try something new! I don't believe the concept of "I'm too old for technology" and will help anyone access and use the tools they might need in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment